Tuesday, January 11, 2011

my traveling experience from Sunday!

Hello world!

I am just sharing my experience with you about traveling with the airline called "AirTran."
If you ever decide to travel, I suggest you NOT to get your ticket with this airline. This was the worst experience that I had. I traveled to Dallas for a wedding on this past Saturday, and supposed to be home by Sunday 4pm. But guess what? They closed all the flights back from Atlanta to Chicago (which was a connection for me) for 2 days and were telling me that the earliest flight back in on WEDNESDAY!!!

If you click on the link below, you'll see that they cancelled all the flights on monday, but they actually cancelled the flights from Sunday afternoon and the other fights were full.
http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2011/01/10/airtran-delta-cancel-flights-into.html

So I changed my airline and got my money back from them, but I slept in the airport for one night and lived there for 2 days!! I got home on Monday at 9:30pm.  Not fun right, BUT, I understood how much I am in need of technology, since my cellphone died in the first day, and the airport did not provide WiFi. There was no way to communicate with my family and school and work. I tried to use the paid phone, but they needed quarters, and I just had 2 of them. So I went to vending machine to get change, and you know what happened???   It gave me a $1 coin, which was not usable for me!
So the other learning is to always take your charger with you, even if you are traveling for one day and you are sure that you will have so much battery.

Thats my learning experience, I hope this was helpful!

Have a great day! :)

2 comments:

  1. Good advice regarding the cell phone changer! I'm always worried that my phone's going to die and leave me stranded somewhere. It's especially bad for someone like me who's rather directionally-impaired and sometimes relies on Google Maps on his phone to get where I need to go. No phone battery = lost. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly, That is why I said that. I had no connection! That felt really bad, and my family here were so worried! :( I am glad that I met a really nice girl there which we both were coming to Chicago, and she was nice enough to let me call my family from her cell. But carry your charger with you and also carry quarters (which can able you to call from the paid phone) all the time! :D

    ReplyDelete