Friday, January 14, 2011

Google being the SECOND most visited? What is the first then?

I was really surprised to hear today that Google is the second most visited website in the world. Can you guess what is the first one? did I hear FACEBOOK!!!! yes, you are right! Facebook is the MOST visited website and even the 4 out of  10 search terms are about facebook. That is amazing!! the searches are like facebook, facebook login, facebook.com and www.facebook.com!! I have no idea why people need to search in google when the know the whole URL!! but I think that is funny!

The other interesting thing is, I am working in the library, and once saw somebody searching for Google in the Yahoo search area! which thought it was interesting too! It just shows the popularity and efficiency that Google offers!

Cheers,

4 comments:

  1. Hi Minoo,
    I was surprised about the fact,too!
    but since I came to the United States, I'm using facebook more often than in Japan. And I have to admit that I'm addicted to facebook...
    I thought it's interesting if Google and Facebook starts some kind of business together!

    Mika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mika!
    I know exactly what you are talking about. I started using facebook when I came here too. I didn't want to open an account, because I heard that people put their schedule online and so many things happened to them. But my friends started getting married in Iran, and I wanted to see their pictures so bad!!! So the main reason that I joined facebook was to keep in touch with them and see how they are doing!

    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Minoo and Mika--If Facebook and Google were to join forces, they would completely dominate online business. And the Justice Department would probably bring an anti-monopoly lawsuit against the combined company!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I don't know about these search engines, I remember back about 12 years ago I was hitting Webcrawler up for results, those were the days, now everything is so commercialized I don't know if it really makes a difference what you use...

    ReplyDelete