Tuesday, January 11, 2011

blogging on how to blog

As I am reading Jason Kottke's bloggers on blogging, I realized that he is not sure what his blog is about. He is saying that most people write about politics, technology and celebrity gossip, but his site is not like that at all.  He mentions, "The only unifying factor is I write about and link to whatever I find interesting."  I agree with him that this kind of websites are sometimes more interesting than others. You are always waiting to see what else the blogger is going to blog about. Not that others are not interesting, but I think they will get boring after reading them couple of times. Like how many times you need to go to a blog to read about a celebrity gossip. You'll hear it on the radio usually, or see it on the web, without even going to the blog. That is enough for me, but I understand that some people want to know about the details of the event or whatever happened for the celebrity.
But the point of view that you add to the blog you're posting, makes a big difference. It can set up a fire, or quench the fire!! Which I prefer the second one! :)

It is interesting that he updates his blog 10-12 times each weekday, and tries to work on larger projects every few weeks. His idea about opening the comment option is great. He opens that option up, when he feels that it will generate a useful and interesting conversation.

I understand how hard it is to stay calm when somebody is criticizing you. As I am a Graphic Art major, we made so many projects, and sometimes people criticize you, instead of your project. I kept reminding myself that this critic is for my project and that kept me calm.

I am very happy that I read this article and hope to use his experience in my blogging!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment