Friday, March 4, 2011

facebook and education

Did you know that some people think that facebook is helpful for keeping the students in College or University? Some researchers explained since students makes a lot of friends is facebook, they look forward to come to school again and spend their time together and STUDY!!
Some suggested that schools should use facebook instead of BlackBoard, since it has the same features and the students are already there!

Well, I agree with the first statement, because I can see that how having more friends in school helps you to get through it easier and you have somebody to talk to about classes and teachers, but about the second suggestion, I don't think that is a good idea! It is so easy to get distracted while you are using facebook even for academic reasons! I was doing my first project in a group  that was shaped in facebook and a friend of mine posted some pictures, then I found myself looking at her pictures without even realizing that I was doing homework!
What do you think? Is it a good idea to use facebook instead of Blackboard, and do you agree that facebook is helping universities and schools to keep the students?

look for more info on my final project website!! :)
Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment